All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis lively and fascinating book by a professor of history deals with human greed and power and how these determine world events. Gigantes takes the reader on a hair-raising journey through time, introducing on the one hand the great rule makers for just society, men such as Moses, Solon, Jesus and Muhammad, and on the other, the rule-breakers, termed 'Grand Acquisitors'. The latter, motivated by greed, use every means fair and foul to acquire more than their share - from the warring chieftains of early societies to the so-called robber barons of the nineteenth century and in our own times, the emergence of the superpower states.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Gigantes served as an officer in World War II with the Royal Navy, worked as a correspondent and as a secret agent, and was captured and tortured by Communists in North Korea. He served for fifteen years in the Senate of Canada, was Assistant to Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Director General in Canadian Public Service, Greek Minister of Culture in Washington DC, a professor of history and host and writer of a TV public affairs programme. He has published thirteen books. Philippe Gigantes served in World War II with Britain's Royal Navy, was a correspondent and a secret agent. He served in the Senate of Canada, was Assistant to Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, professor of history and a host/writer of a TV public affairs programme.
- Author(s)Philippe Gigantes
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.