All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn command of the world's largest hydrocarbon reserves and occupying a central role in both Middle Eastern and global politics, the six traditional monarchies -- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) -- that comprise the Gulf Cooperation Council are w among the most heavily researched yet most commonly misunderstood actors in the international system. Christopher Davidson, an acclaimed expert on the fast moving politics and ecomics of the Gulf, together with five other leading authorities on the region, has brought together a unique collection of comprehensive yet highly accessible analyses of these six states. Following a succinct theoretical overview of the various achievements, opportunities, and collective challenges faced by the monarchies, each chapter discusses their individual historical backgrounds, political structures, ecomic diversification efforts, and future prospects. Drawing on the latest research in the field, the most up-to-date statistics, and written in a frank and critical manner, this textbook is a valuable addition to university reading lists on Middle Eastern studies or political science, while also appealing to the general interest reader.
- Author BiographyChristopher Davidson is Reader in Government and International Affairs at the Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Durham University. He formerly taught at Sheikh Zayed University in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and is the author of Dubai: the Vulnerability of Success, Abu Dhabi: Oil and Beyond and The Persian Gulf and Pacific Asia, all of which are published by Hurst.
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byChristopher Davidson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.