All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionPower and Privilege seeks to answer the central question of the field of social stratification: Who gets what and why? Using a dialectical view of the development of thought in the discipline, Gerhard Lenski describes the outlines of an emerging synthesis of theories. He shows that perspectives as diverse and contradictory as those of Marx, Spencer, Sumner, Veblen, Mosca, Pareto, Sorokin, Parsons, and Dahrendorf are parts of an evolving and systematic body of theory.
- Author BiographyGerhard E. Lenski is Alumni Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is author of The Religious Factor: A Sociological Study of Religion's Impact on Politics and, with Jean Lenski, Human Societies.
- Author(s)Gerhard E. Lenski
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/06/1984
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.