All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough power and privilege are embedded in all learning environments, the learning sciences is dominated by individual cognitive theories of learning that cant expose the workings of power. Power and Privilege in the Learning Sciences: Critical and Sociocultural Theories of Learning addresses the ways in which research on human learning can ackwledge the influence of differential access to power on the organization of learning in particular settings. Written by established and emerging scholars in the learning sciences and related fields, the chapters in this volume introduce connections to critical and poststructural race theories, critical disability studies, queer theory, settler-colonial theory, and critical pedagogy as tools for analyzing dimensions of learning environments and rmativity. A vital resource for students and researchers in the fields of learning sciences, curriculum studies, educational psychology, and beyond, this book introduces key literature, adapts theory for application in education, and highlights areas of research and teaching that can benefit from critical theoretical methods.
- Author BiographyIndigo Esmonde is Associate Professor in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning in the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto, Canada. Angela N. Booker is Assistant Professor of Communication and faculty with the Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition (LCHC) at University of California, San Diego, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAngela N. Booker,Indigo Esmonde
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.