All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionPower and Water in the Middle East provides a powerful new perspective on the Palestinian-Israeli water conflict. Adopting a new approach to understanding water conflict - hydro-hegemony - the author shows the conflict to be much more deeply entrenched than previously thought and reveals how existing tactics to control water are leading away from peace and towards continued domination and a squandering of this vital resource. Existing approaches tend to play down the negative effects of n-violent water conflict, and what is presented as co-operation between countries often hides an underlying state of conflict between them. The new analytical framework of hydro-hegemony exposes the hidden dynamics of water conflict around the world and yields critical insights in to the Middle East water problem. This important work will interest researchers, professionals and policy makers involved with the politics of the Middle East and with water conflict more generally.
- Author BiographyMark Zeitoun is a water engineer with more than a decade of experience in conflict and post conflict zones, including the Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, Chad and the Republic of Congo.
- Author(s)Mark Zeitoun
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 figs, 11 tables, 8 integrated halftones
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.