All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPower and Water in the Middle East provides a powerful new perspective on the Palestinian-Israeli water conflict. Adopting a new approach to understanding water conflict - hydro-hegemony - the author shows the conflict to be much more deeply entrenched than previously thought and reveals how existing tactics to control water are leading away from peace and towards continued domination and a squandering of this vital resource.Existing approaches tend to play down the negative effects of n-violent water conflict, and what is presented as co-operation between countries often hides an underlying state of conflict between them. The new analytical framework of hydro-hegemony exposes the hidden dynamics of water conflict around the world and yields critical insights in to the Middle East water problem. This important work will interest researchers, professionals and policy makers involved with the politics of the Middle East and with water conflict more generally.
- Author BiographyMark Zeitoun is a water engineer with more than a decade of experience in conflict and post conflict zones, including thePalestine, Iraq, Lebanon, Chad and the Republic of Congo.
- Author(s)Mark Zeitoun
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleLibrary of Modern Middle East Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 70
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width166 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.