All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is commonplace that political power is becoming more centralized and remote: faceless people, sometimes in unkwn places, determine our circumstances and our opportunities. This ground breaking book argues that this happened through a slow development which began before globalization. Power in Business and the State queries our freedom to make our own history. Current circumstances may be so far from our own choosing that our history is w being made for us, rather than something we control ourselves. Political power is so centralized, and ecomic power so concentrated, that popular control of democratic government has become increasingly difficult. The sheer magnitude of the author's research underpinning this book, and the uncluttered methodological framework in which it is presented, provides a highly readable text.
- Author(s)Frank Bealey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.