All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a signature volume of one of the most quietly influential and radical works ever written on the creative potentialities of human thought, THE POWER OF AWARENESS. In this book, author, Neville, presents a concise, unforgettable statement of his core philosophy: that the world around you is a picture in your mind's eye, created by your thinking and susceptible to change by altering your thoughts and feelings. Originally published in 1952, THE POWER OF AWARENESS t only prefigured the revolution in mind-power metaphysics, but surpassed it. Before the public had heard about quantum physics experiments (popularised in our own time through movies such as The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Kw!?), Neville was conveying the unheard-of message that reality is directly impacted by the perspective and consciousness of the observer himself. Moreover, he wrote, each of us is ultimately responsible for, and capable of reshaping, the outer circumstances we perceive. Neville's authorial genius is his ability to deliver these ideas in an immensely readable and enjoyable way. Like few other metaphysical figures of his era, Neville captured complexities in simple stories, memorable examples and practical advice. THE POWER OF AWARENESS, also, includes a special bonus work, Awakened Imagination, originally published in 1954. This two-in-one volume forms a brilliant introduction and user's guide to the practical philosophy of a great spiritual thinker.
- Author BiographyBorn to an English family in Barbados, Neville Goddard (1905-1972), under the solitary pen name Neville, became one of the twentieth century's most articulate and charismatic purveyors of the philosophy generally called New Thought. Neville was an influence on a wide range of spiritual thinkers and writers, from Joseph Murphy to Carlos Castaneda.
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleCornerstone Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.