All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2008, the Vatican Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life initiated an Apostolic Visitation to examine the quality of life of women religious in the United States. Power of Sisterhood: Women Religious Tell the Story of the Apostolic Visitation serves as an historical record of the event and describes the experience of the women who participated in it. This book, initiated by a group of women in leadership in their communities during this unprecedented time, grew out of a survey that gleaned the essence of the experience from as many congregations of women religious as possible. After framing the Visitation as a story, situating it in an historical and theological context, tracing its chrology, and detailing the experience as revealed in the survey, the book delves into the deeper meaning of the Visitation for women religious as they experienced it and as they move into the future.
- Author BiographyMargaret Cain McCarthy, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Graduate Education and Leadership at Canisius College and an associate member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Diocese of Buffalo. Mary Ann Zollmann, BVM, PhD, has been a Sister of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary for 55 years. Holding a doctorate in spirituality, Mary Ann has served in numerous leadership roles, including as president of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious from 2001 to 2004.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight322 g
- Width164 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMargaret Cain McCarthy,Mary Ann Zollmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.