All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPower of the Sword is the story of an intense sibling rivalry in war-torn South Africa from bestselling author, Wilbur Smith. They were half-brothers, raised in different worlds in the same country, and destined to be lifelong enemies. Manfred De La Ray and Shasa Courtney, sons of Centaine de Thiry, were blood enemies from their very first boyhood encounter. Caught up in the tumult of South Africa's history through two decades, they found themselves adversaries in an age-old war of savagery to seize the sword of power in their land. This astonishing story sweeps from the teeming goldfields of the highland to the secret citadels of Afrikaaner power, from the clamouring stadiums of Hitler's Berlin Olympics to the raging war over Abyssinia.
- Author BiographyWilbur Smith was born in Central Africa in 1933. He was educated at Michaelhouse and Rhodes University. He became a full-time writer in 1964 after the successful publication of When the Lion Feeds, and has since written over thirty novels, all meticulously researched on his numerous expeditions worldwide. His other titles include the successful The Courtneys and The Ballantynes series, and Those in Peril and Vicious Circle, featuring security operative Hector Cross. His books are now translated into twenty-six languages.
- Author(s)Wilbur Smith
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Courtneys of Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight613 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.