CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book critically examines ideas, policy and practice in adult literacy and their contribution to developing powerful literacies. The book looks at sharing power between students and teachers; accessing power through understanding and using new techlogies; learning as a powerful agent for social change. Literacy is approached as a complex social science, and a wide range of literacies is explored Anticipating the new national adult basic skills strategy in England and Wales and a review of practice in Scotland mean that new opportunities for professional development are likely in the near future. This book contributes to radical ideas and practice in the light of these developments.
- Author BiographyEach of the editors has a substantial background in the research, practice and teaching of adult literacy. They are well known and respected both nationally and internationally.
- PublisherNational Institute of Adult Continuing Education
- Date of Publication14/07/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Institute of Adult Continuing Education
- Out-of-print date31/03/2016
- Weight368 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJim Crowther,Lynn Tett,Mary Hamilton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.