All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Approaches to Dramatherapy is derived from the authors' experiences of working with dramatherapy in a range of different situations. It focuses on the flexibility of the applications of dramatherapeutic principles. The book provides a comprehensive account of the history, theory and practice of drama and its therapeutic use. The authors explain the shape of a session, how dramatherapy works, and how it can be interpreted via myth, symbol and psychological theory. Work with individuals and groups is described, as are sessions with masks, improvisation, and use of scripts. The reader is encouraged to incorporate dramatherapy approaches into a variety of existing ways of working: for example, in socials skills groups, assertiveness training and anger management. Highlighting the potential scope of dramatherapy and providing practical examples and advice, Practical Approaches to Dramatherapy extends the boundaries of dramatherapy practice.
- Author BiographyMadeline Andersen-Warren is a state registered arts therapist (drama) currently working for the NHS. She is a partner of Northern Trust for Dramatherapy, a training organisation, and a visiting lecturer at several universities. She is the author of several publications about dramatherapy and is undertaking Doctoral research in dramatherapy. Roger Grainger was a state registered arts therapist (drama) and chartered counselling psychologist. He held a PhD in Sociology as well as doctorates in Theology and Implicit Religion, and he worked as psychiatric chaplain for the Stanley Royd Hospital in Wakefield. He was one of the founders of the National Funeral College and was the author of several books.
- Author(s)Madeline Andersen-Warren,Roger Grainger
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication04/08/2000
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleArts Therapies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.