All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of this book is on bilevel programming which combines elements of hierarchical optimization and game theory. The basic model addresses the problem where two decision-makers, each with their individual objectives, act and react in a ncooperative manner. The actions of one affect the choices and payoffs available to the other but neither player can completely dominate the other in the traditional sense. Over the last 20 years there has been a steady growth in research related to theory and solution methodologies for bilevel programming. This interest stems from the inherent complexity and consequent challenge of the underlying mathematics, as well as the applicability of the bilevel model to many real-world situations. The primary aim of this book is to provide a historical perspective on algorithmic development and to highlight those implementations that have proved to be the most efficient in their class. A corollary aim is to provide a sampling of applications in order to demonstrate the versatility of the basic model and the limitations of current techlogy. What is unique about this book is its comprehensive and integrated treatment of theory, algorithms and implementation issues. It is the first text that offers researchers and practitioners an elementary understanding of how to solve bilevel programs and a perspective on what success has been achieved in the field. Audience: Includes management scientists, operations researchers, industrial engineers, mathematicians and ecomists.
- Author(s)Jonathan F. Bard
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- Series TitleNonconvex Optimization and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.