All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis practically-focused text presents a hands-on guide to making biometric techlogy work in real-life scenarios. Extensively revised and updated, this new edition takes a fresh look at what it takes to integrate biometrics into wider applications. An emphasis is placed on the importance of a complete understanding of the broader scenario, covering technical, human and implementation factors. This understanding may then be exercised through interactive chapters dealing with educational software utilities and the BANTAM Program Manager. Features: provides a concise introduction to biometrics; examines both technical issues and human factors; highlights the importance of a broad understanding of biometric techlogy implementation from both a technical and operational perspective; reviews a selection of freely available utilities including the BANTAM Program Manager; considers the logical next steps on the path from aspiration to implementation, and looks towards the future use of biometrics in context.
- Author BiographyJulian Ashbourn is an experienced and successful author on topics ranging from computer science and identity management through to geoscience and the natural sciences in general. His publications include the Springer titles Biometrics in the New World, Guide to Biometrics for Large-Scale Systems, and BANTAM User Guide.
- Author(s)Julian Ashbourn
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.