All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionPractical C++ Financial Programming is a hands-on book for programmers wanting to apply C++ to programming problems in the financial industry. The book explains those aspects of the language that are more frequently used in writing financial software, including the STL, templates, and various numerical libraries. The book also describes many of the important problems in financial engineering that are part of the day-to-day work of financial programmers in large investment banks and hedge funds. The author has extensive experience in the New York City financial industry that is w distilled into this handy guide. Focus is on providing working solutions for common programming problems. Examples are plentiful and provide value in the form of ready-to-use solutions that you can immediately apply in your day-to-day work. You'll learn to design efficient, numerical classes for use in finance, as well as to use those classes provided by Boost and other libraries. You'll see examples of matrix manipulations, curve fitting, histogram generation, numerical integration, and differential equation analysis, and you'll learn how all these techniques can be applied to some of the most common areas of financial software development. These areas include performance price forecasting, optimizing investment portfolios, and more. The book style is quick and to-the-point, delivering a refreshing view of what one needs to master in order to thrive as a C++ programmer in the financial industry. * Covers aspects of C++ especially relevant to financial programming. * Provides working solutions to commonly-encountered problems in finance. * Delivers in a refreshing and easy style with a strong focus on the practical.
- Author BiographyCarlos Oliveira works in the area of quantitative finance, with more than ten years of experience in creating scientific and financial models in C++. During his career, Carlos has developed several large-scale applications for financial companies such as Bloomberg L.P. and F-Squared Investments. Carlos Oliveira obtained a PhD in Operations Research and Systems Engineering from the University of Florida, an MSc in Computer Science from UFC (Brazil), and a BSc in Computer Science from UECE (Brazil). He has also performed academic research in the field of combinatorial optimization, with applications in diverse areas such as finance, telecommunications, computational biology, and logistics. Carlos has written more than 30 academic papers on optimization, and authored three books, including Practical C++ Financial Programming (Apress, 2015).
- Author(s)Carlos Oliveira
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight751 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.