All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe term Psychomancy (prounced, sy-ko-man-see ), is derived from two Greek words, the first psycho, meaning the soul; the mind; the understanding (and generally used to indicate psychic or unusual powers of the soul or mind); the second word, mancy meaning to divine; to foresee, or forekw; to detect secret things, -and in occult parlance, to sense, or to receive impressions by the Astral Senses. So the word, as we use it, may be said to mean Psychic Sensing, and in this work will be so used. The word Psychomancer means one practicing Psychomancy; and the word Psychomantic means relating to Psychomancy. The word Clairvoyance is frequently used by people to designate some of the phases of Psychomancy, but strictly speaking this term is incorrect when used in this sense, the true occult meaning of the word Clairvoyance, being transcendental vision, or the perception of beings on ather plane of existence-the seeing of disembodied souls, elementals, etc. And so, in this work, we shall consider the true phemena of Clairvoyance, as distinct from that of Psychomancy. In this work, we shall regard as the true phemena of Psychomancy, all the various phemena kwn as Psychometry; Crystal Gazing; Perceiving Distant Scenes; a perception of Past Events, and Indication of Future Events; either in the full waking state; the state of reverie; or the state of dreams. And, so this work will examine, consider, and explain, the various phases of phemena above indicated-in short, the phemena of sensing objects by means of Astral Senses, omitting the phemena of Clairvoyance, or seeing disembodied souls, etc., which we regard as belonging to a different phase of the general subject, and which require special consideration and examination.
- Author(s)William Walker Atkinson
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.