All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionEthgraphy is an increasingly important research method in the private sector, yet ethgraphic literature continues to focus on an academic audience. Sam Ladner fills the gap by advancing rigorous ethgraphic practice that is tailored to corporate settings where colleagues are t steeped in social theory, research time lines may be days rather than months or years, and research sponsors expect actionable outcomes and recommendations. Ladner provides step-by-step guidance at every turn--covering core methods, research design, using the latest mobile and digital techlogies, project and client management, ethics, reporting, and translating your findings into business strategies. This book is the perfect resource for private-sector researchers, designers, and managers seeking robust ethgraphic tools or academic researchers hoping to conduct research in corporate settings. More information on the book is available at http://www.practicalethgraphy.com/.
- Author BiographySam Ladner , PhD, works as both an academic and a practitioner. A sociologist specialising in the social aspects of technological change, she has published articles in peer-reviewed journals such as Time & Society and The Canadian Journal of Communication . Ladner successfully operated her own research firm, Copernicus Consulting, until recently joining Microsoft as a Senior User Researcher in the Microsoft Office division. She served as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management at Ryerson University in Toronto, where she also taught qualitative research methods as an adjunct professor. She holds a PhD in sociology from York University, an M.A. in communication from Simon Fraser University, and a BachelorAEs of Journalism from University of KingAEs College.
- Author(s)Sam Ladner
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight282 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.