Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe craft of smoking food was once commonly practised in order to preserve food-stuffs and enhance flavour, but the advent of the cold-store, the fridge and chemical food preservatives saw the decline of the practice. However, as consumer demand for wholesome produce increases, the interest in food smoking is becoming greater. Kate Walker, a professional food smoker has written a practical guide of value to home-smokers and commercial concerns alike which covers every aspect of the art and craft. The book covers: the history of smoking, the selection of raw materials, brining, the practice of smoking at home and for the business concern, smoke ovens and other equipment, setting up a smoking business, finance, marketing, hygiene and environmental matters, packaging and labelling and do's and don'ts.
- Author BiographyKate Walker was an authority on the craft of food smoking with an established food smoking business based in Ayrshire. She spent 20 years developing techniques and with her late husband she designed the Gourmet, Global and Gourmand smoke ovens, now in use throughout the world.
- Author(s)Kate Walker
- PublisherNeil Wilson Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/1995
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNeil Wilson Publishing
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width145 mm
- Height230 mm
- Illustrator(s)Doreen Shaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.