All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of Practical Gilding is to demystify the processes of gilding. Descriptions and explanations of the materials, equipment and traditional, professional methods of oil and water gilding are clearly set out in a manner that can be understood both by craftsmen and those who wish to understand and apply these methods today. Originally conceived as a pamphlet for musical instrument makers, the authors soon discovered that by expanding the text they had written a book that would be an essential tool for craftspeople, conservators, gilders, decorative artists, antique dealers and collectors etc. This Archetype edition is a facsimile of the original book published by Mac & Me Ltd.
- Author BiographyPeter Mactaggart trained with a London furniture restorer before joining the family firm as an antique dealer and restorer. His wife, Ann, trained as a painter at Bath Academy of Art. Since 1970 they have run Mac & Me - a small family firm specialising in decoration and its restoration on musical instruments. In the past, Peter has lectured on antique furniture and musical instruments, but more recently they have both become involved with the identification of pigments. They currently act as consultants and run courses on pigment identification techniques.
- Author(s)Ann Mactaggart,Peter Mactaggart
- PublisherArchetype Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2002
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchetype Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width88 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFacsimile edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.