All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Guide to Polyimides Smithers Rapra Techlogy, 2007 By Marc JM Abadie and Alexander L. Rusav, with contributions from Vanda Y. Voytekunas and Ludmila G. Komarova Polyimides are very durable, easy to machine and have exceptional heat and chemical resistance. They are also highly insulative and do t contaminate their surroundings.Their strength and heat and chemical resistance are so great that they are often used to replace glass and metals, such as steel, in many demanding industrial applications. Polyimides are even used in many everyday applications. They are used in cars both externally and internally because they can withstand the intense heat and the corrosive lubricants, fuels, and coolants found in cars. They are also used in the construction of many appliances as well as microwave cookware and food packaging because of their thermal stability, resistance to oils, greases, and fats and their transparency to microwave radiation. They can also be used in circuit boards, insulation, fibres for protective clothing, composites, and adhesives.This report covers the synthesis of polyimides from chloral and trinitrotoluene and reviews the production of new types of polyimides combining good thermal, mechanical and electrical properties with improved processability. It is ideal for those who work with polyimides, either producing them or those using them to manufacture other goods. It will be of interest to those in both academia and industry.
- Author BiographyProfessor Marc JM ABADIE is professor at the Universite Montpellier 2, Sciences et Techniques du Languedoc and head of Laboratory of Polymer Science and Advanced Organic Materials - LEMP/MAO. Marc obtained his BSc (1959), MSc (1960), PhD (1963) and Doctorate of Science (1972) at the Centre de Recherche sur les Macromolecules - Institut Charles Sadron in Strasbourg. His present research concerns high performance composites and nanocomposites, UV & EB coatings and biomaterials. He has published 328 papers, 8 books and 9 patents and advised an overall of 53 theses. He has over 40 years experience in Polymer Science with 10 years in the industry (IBM USA, MOD UK, SNPA/Total France) and is thus well qualified to write about polyimides.
- Author(s)Marc J. M. Abadie
- PublisherSmithers Rapra Technology
- Date of Publication13/08/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRapra Technology Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.