All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionDo you have trips and safety interlocks in your plant? Are they good eugh or are they perhaps over-designed and much more expensive than necessary? Are you or your company aware of how Hazard Studies should define risk reduction requirements? Are you actually using Hazard Studies at all? The answer is the integrated approach to safety management. New international standards combined with well-proven hazard study methods can improve safety management in your company. Practical Hazops, Trips and Alarms for Engineers and Technicians describes the role of hazard studies in risk management, and then proceeds with basic training in Hazop techniques. A number of practical exercises support the reference information and allow you to test your understanding of the material in the book. This book aims to bridge the discipline gap between hazard studies and the provision of safety-related alarm and trip systems. It provides training in hazard and operability methods (Hazops) and in the principles of safety instrumented systems as defined by international standard IEC 61508.
- Author BiographyDave Macdonald has throughout his career been involved in the application of instrumentation and control technology to industrial and chemical processes. As a senior instrument engineer with AECI Ltd he specialised in managing the complete design cycle for process control systems from conceptual design to commissioning. He has also developed and lectured a post-graduate course in Industrial Control Systems. Dave has been closely involved in hazard studies for new chemical plants and in the implementation of safety instrumented systems. His expertise ranging from field instrumentation to software quality assurance is particularly relevant to this subject. In the past few years Dave has lectured on Safety Instrumentation and related topics to many hundreds of Engineers and Technicians in Ireland, Canada the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- Author(s)David Macdonald
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/07/2004
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width195 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.