Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is intended for learners studying investments for the first time. Very practical and applied, it is comprehensive eugh for those who plan to become CFAs, but remains user-friendly due to its clarity of explanation and its pedagogy. The book contains all standard topics found in the typical modern investments text, but in addition, several chapters of Practical Investment Management are unique. The third edition has two new chapters, one on behavioral finance (Ch. 11) and a second security analysis chapter (Ch. 8). Behavioral finance has become a mainstream topic in investment circles, and readers find it very interesting. The chapter on Mortgage-Backed Securities was new to the second edition. In addition to being an increasingly important asset class, mortgage-backed securities provide some thought-provoking questions on fixed income valuation. The third edition has two new chapters, one on behavioral finance and a second security analysis chapter. Behavioral finance has become a mainstream topic in investment circles, and students find it very interesting. The chapter on Mortgage-Backed Securities was new to the second edition. In addition to being an increasingly important asset class, mortgage-backed securities provide some thought-provoking questions on fixed income valuation. Bob Strong has an engaging writing style along with practical experience making this a very solid, yet very friendly, book for readers.
- Author BiographyBob Strong is University Foundation Professor of Investment Education and Professor of Finance at the University of Maine. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point, a Master of Science degree in business administration from Boston University, and a PhD in finance from Penn State University. He has also been a visiting professor of finance at Maine Maritime Academy and at Harvard University, where he was Deputy Director of the Summer Economics Program from 1997-1999. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst. Dr. Strong has consulted on risk management and asset valuation for organizations such as Eastern Maine Healthcare, Bangor Hydro Electric Company, Maine Public Service Company, Energy Atlantic, the Maine State Police, the Maine Forest Service, Irving Oil, James W. Sewall Company, and Texas Instruments. He has been a conference speaker for the Chicago Board Options Exchange, the Chicago Board of Trade, and the American Stock Exchange. His current research interests center on investor asset allocation. In addition to four successful textbooks, he has published in journals ranging from the JOURNAL OF FINANCE and THE JOURNAL OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT to the trade journals PENSIONS & INVESTMENTS and FUTURES.
- Author(s)Robert A. Strong
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/08/2003
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1180 g
- Width208 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementCourse Card Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.