All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a complete guide to setting up and maintaining maintenance plans for SQL Server Database Administrators. Maintenance plans too often consist of a backup task and that's it, but there is so much more that can and must be done to ensure the integrity of your most important company resource - the data you are tasked to manage and safeguard. This book walks even the newest of users through creating a powerful, automated maintenance plan. Automate your job using SQL Server Agent to leverage the power of Maintenance Plans to deliver real, proactive solutions to common issues. Schedule common tasks such as backups and index rebuilds to run automatically, and get early-warning tifications of impending problems relating to resource usage and query performance. By the time your boss kws to call you about a problem, you'll have already called him to describe your solution. The large majority of books never really cover the topic of inheriting a database server with multiple live databases; the common thread is that the databases will be created and maintained by the reader forever and ever. In the real world, that scenario rarely happens. Practical Maintenance Plans in SQL Server covers that scenario and provides you with the kwledge and tools needed to get comfortable writing your own maintenance plans for any SQL Server database, whether created by you or inherited. * Shows the different tasks that can be run in a maintenance plan.* Explains how and why those tasks can be implemented.* Provides a roadmap to creating your own custom maintenance plan. What You Will Learn* Implement a completely automated backup maintenance plan * Be alerted to performance problems and outages ahead of your boss * Learn the different types of database maintenance tasks* Plan the workflow of tasks within a maintenance plan* Automate your work by implementing custom maintenance plansWho This Book Is For Practical Maintenance Plans in SQL Server is for any level of database administrator, but specifically it's for those administrators with a real need to set up a powerful maintenance plan quickly. New and seasoned administrators will appreciate the book for its robust learning pattern of visual aids in combination with explanations and scenarios. Practical Maintenance Plans in SQL Server is the perfect new hire gift for new database administrators in any organization.
- Author BiographyBradley Beard is a professional software developer residing in the lovely city of Palm Bay, Florida. He started off designing websites using PHP and MySQL in the late 90's, and gradually moved on to ColdFusion and SQL Server. His breadth of SQL Server experience began with SQL Server 7, mainly concentrated on SQL Server 2000, and then picked up again in SQL Server 2008. He earned his MCSA: SQL Server 2012 certification in July 2013, and he was the Technical Reviewer for Mike McQuillan's Introducing SQL Server, also available by Apress.
- Author(s)Bradley Beard
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 323 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight566 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.