All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeared entirely to Excel 2013, PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SCIENCE uses an active-learning approach and realistic problems to help you take full advantage of the power of spreadsheet modeling. The text presents just the right amount of theory to ensure you understand the foundation of the topic, followed by exercises that give you practical, hands-on experience with the methodologies. Drawing examples and problems from finance, marketing, operations management, and other areas, the text illustrates how management science applies to your chosen profession--and how you can use it on the job. The authors emphasize modeling over algebraic formulations and memorization of particular models. The text includes access to Palisade DecisionTools Suite (BigPicture, @RISK, PrecisionTree, StatTools, TopRank, NeuralTools, and Evolver) as well as SolverTable, which allows you to do sensitivity analysis on optimization models.
- Author BiographyS. Christian Albright received his B.S. degree in mathematics from Stanford in 1968 and his Ph.D. in operations research from Stanford in 1972. Since then, he has been teaching in the Operations and Decision Technologies Department in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. He has taught courses in management science, computer simulation, and statistics to all levels of business students: undergraduates, MBAs, and doctoral students. His current interest is in spreadsheet modeling, including development of VBA applications in Excel(R). Dr. Albright has published more than 20 articles in leading operations research journals in the area of applied probability. He has also published a number of successful textbooks, including DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, and SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS. Wayne L. Winston is Professor Emeritus of Decision Sciences at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and is now a Professor of Decision and Information Sciences at the Bauer College at the University of Houston. He has won more than 45 teaching awards, including the school-wide MBA award six times. His current interest is in showing how spreadsheet models can be used to solve business problems in all disciplines, particularly in finance, sports, and marketing. In addition to publishing more than 20 articles in leading journals, Dr. Winston has written such successful textbooks as OPERATIONS RESEARCH: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, SIMULATION MODELING WITH @RISK, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS, MATHLETICS, DATA ANALYSIS AND BUSINESS MODELING WITH EXCEL 2013, MARKETING ANALYTICS, and FINANCIAL MODELS USING SIMULATION AND OPTIMIZATION. He received his B.S. degree in mathematics from MIT and his Ph.D. in operations research from Yale.
- Author(s)S. Christian Albright,Wayne L. Winston
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1701 g
- Width206 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.