All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Materials Characterization covers the most common materials analysis techniques in a single volume. It stands as a quick reference for experienced users, as a learning tool for students, and as a guide for the understanding of typical data interpretation for anyone looking at results from a range of analytical techniques. The book includes analytical methods covering microstructural, surface, morphological, and optical characterization of materials with emphasis on microscopic structural, electronic, biological, and mechanical properties. Many examples in this volume cover cutting-edge techlogies such as namaterials and life sciences.
- Author BiographyMauro Sardela (editor) is a Senior Research Scientist and Manager of the X-Ray Analysis Laboratory at the Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Sardela received his PhD in Material Science, in 1994, from the Institute of Physics of Materials, Linkoping University, Sweden. He has authored and co-authored several publications in the area of x-ray scattering, materials analysis in general, with focus on semiconductors, complex oxides, nanomaterials, etc. Judith E. Baker was a Senior Research Scientist at the Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois. She began working with SIMS in the early 1970's and continued until she retired in 2003. Her collaborative efforts with researchers at the University of Illinois, other universities, and National Laboratories resulted in co-authorship of over 90 reviewed journal publications. Most of the publications include SIMS applications and involve a wide variety of materials. Richard T. Haasch is a Senior Research Scientist and leader of the electron spectroscopy facilities at the Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois. He received a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry from the University of Minnesota in 1990. He has authored or co-authored over 90 publications and presentations in the area of surface analysis, materials characterization, and materials chemistry. Julio A.N.T. Soares is a Senior Research Scientist and manager of the Laser and Spectroscopy facilities at the Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois. He received a Ph.D. in Solid State Physics from the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, in 1997. He has authored or co-authored several publications and presentations in the area of optical characterization of materials. Jianguo Wen is a Materials Scientist at Electron Microscopy Center, Argonne National Laboratory. He received his Ph.D. in condensed matter physics from Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1991. He is author or co-author of over 200 publications in peer-reviewed journals in the area of transmission electron microscopy, complex oxides, nanomaterials, Li-ion batteries, superconductors, and semiconductors. With total number of citations over 6500, 15 papers were cited over 100 times.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 92 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight537 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMauro Sardela
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.