All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionJesus made it perfectly clear that the servant of God has been called to live by different rules than the children of the world. That is why some have deemed the church, 'the upside-down kingdom.' Jesus said that, Whosoever would be first among you, shall be servant of all. (Mark 10:44) Servanthood is t a dirty word. Rather, in it, is reflected the heart of God, and the mission of heaven. To serve others, is to serve God. To give up the best part of yourself, for the betterment of your neighbor, is truly to have Christ revealed through you. One of the most potent, and life-changing images of Christ, in the entire Bible, is a picture of Jesus, with towel wrapped around his waste, washing the feet of his disciples. Contrast that with the attitude of the James and John's mother, concerning the proper placement of her sons, Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Jesus with her sons. She bowed down in front of him to ask him for a favor. He asked her, What do you want? She said to him, Promise that these two sons of mine will sit, one at your right and one at your left, in your kingdom. Nobody likes that kind of attitude in fellow laborers, do they? Somehow, it is grating to us. The reason it irritates us so badly, is probably because it is so diametrically opposite to the role Jesus models for us. In these verses, we find Jesus' own attitude toward Servanthood revealed. Not only does He appreciate hard working people, who are t afraid to mix-it-up with work, and get a little dirty, but although it is a hard concept to grasp, if you lack a servant's heart - but the truth of the matter is, that our Lord - the God of heaven - actually embraces Servanthood in a real and personal way: so much so, in fact, that He forever links Himself, and His purpose for coming to earth, with it. In all that we do, as servant-leaders for Christ, we are called to serve well. Practical Ministry will give you a clear, easy-to-follow roadmap for successful leadership.
- Author BiographyTom Cannon is a popular speaker, author, and Bible College director. He ministers in churches, Pastor's conferences and leadership seminars worldwide. Tom has written twelve books, numerous Christian college courses, and Bible study guides. (Visit www.tomcannon.org) Tom's books aim to help strengthen every member in the body of Christ. His books include: Two Faces in the Mirror, Practical Ministry, Prepared to Lead, Rescuing Peter, Faith Emerging, We Speak to Nations, Changing Natures, Building Better Leaders, and Keys to Effective Leadership. Study Guides are presently available for all of his books. Tom was born in Portland, Oregon, is happily married to his childhood sweetheart, Candy, and have three adult children, two of which are married. Through the years Tom has pastored in various ministerial positions.
- Author(s)Tom Cannon
- PublisherPreacher's Kid Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPreacher's Kid Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.