Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNitriding and ferritic nitrocarburizing offer unique advantages compared to other surface hardening heat treatments. This book provides a comprehensive guide to understanding these processes, selecting the appropriate process and process parameters, controlling the process, evaluating results, and troubleshooting. Contents: Part 1, Nitriding: An Introduction to Nitriding; Why Nitride?; How does the Process of Nitriding Work?; Microstructures of Nitrided Iron and Steel; Furnace Equipment and Control Systems; Salt Bath Nitriding; Control of the Compound Zone or White Layer; Ion Nitriding; Ion Nitriding Equipment; Nitriding in Fluidized Beds; Distortion; Steels for Nitriding; Control of the Process Gas in Plasma Conditions; Processing with Nitriding; Stop-Off Procedures for Selective Nitriding; Examination of the Nitrided Case; Troubleshooting. Part 2, Ferritic Nitrocarburizing: What is Meant by 'Ferritic Nitrocarburizing'?; Salt Bath Ferritic Nitrocarburizing; The Gaseous Ferritic Nitrocarburizing Process; Equipment for Ferritic Nitrocarburizing; Preparation for the Ferritic Nitrocarburizing Process; Evaluating the Process; Index.
- Author(s)David L. Pye
- PublisherASM International
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASM International
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.