All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive introduction to the basic techniques of pattern design for clothing. More and more women are making their own clothes but there are few comprehensive references available. For the most part, dedicated sewers have had to adjust standardised patterns or muddle their way through foreign-language books. In Practical Pattern Making two pattern-making experts and designers introduce the basic techniques of creative pattern design for clothing. It is intended to help fashion students, designers and enthusiastic sewers develop and create a variety of styles, regardless of complexity. The book uses photographs, examples, diagrams and templates to explain all of the techniques, formulas and professional tricks to create a custom-tailored skirt, suit or dress. The tutorial style poses questions that encourage problem-solving.Features include: * How to measure the body, with 13 illustrative photographs * Blank professional worksheets to copy and use * 40 scaled pattern templates with all markings * How to draw and mark a sized pattern with darts, pleats and so on * Modelling and draping to design and fit a pattern * Working with fabric grain and bias * Photos of garments in process and finished * The 40 garment selections begin with a basic skirt and progress from a fitted jacket and suit to an asymmetrical balloon dress, flounce dress, tissue dresses and more. All require just a few pattern pieces.
- Author BiographyLucia Mors de Castro has worked for Vivienne Westwood and several other fashion labels, designers and artists in London, Lima, Vienna and Berlin, where she currently teaches Pattern making/Draping at the International University of Art for Fashion. She is the author of Patternmaking in Fashion. Isabel Sanchez Hernandez is a fashion designer and pattern maker. She has extensive teaching experience and has developed her own work method in which she mixes conventional and geometrical patternmaking techniques. She is the author of Little Black Dress.
- Author(s)Isabel Sanchez Hernandez,Lucia Mors de Castro
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour photos; b&w diagrams
- Weight975 g
- Width222 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.