All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to provide a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to organic process research and development in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, and agricultural chemical industries, this book describes the steps taken, following synthesis and evaluation, to bring key compounds to market in a cost-effective manner. It describes hands-on, step-by-step, approaches to solving process development problems, including route, reagent, and solvent selection; optimising catalytic reactions; chiral syntheses; and, green chemistry . The second edition reflects the current thinking in chemical process R&D for small molecules. It retains similar structure and orientation to the first edition. It contains approx. 85 per cent new material. It features primarily new examples (work-up and prospective considerations for pilot plant and manufacturing scale-up). There are some new/expanded topics (e.g. green chemistry, getoxins, and enzymatic processes). This second edition replaces the first edition, although the first edition contains useful older examples that readers may refer to. It provides insights into generating rugged, practical, cost-effective processes for the chemical preparation of small molecules . It breaks down process optimization into route, reagent and solvent selection, development of reaction conditions, workup, crystallizations and more. It presents guidelines for implementing and troubleshooting processes.
- Author BiographyNeal G. Anderson, Ph.D., has worked for over 20 years in chemical process R&D in the pharmaceutical industry. He earned a B.S. degree from the University of Illinois and a Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry from the University of Michigan and completed post-doctoral studies at McNeil Laboratories. With almost 18 years in process R&D at Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Dr. Anderson has extensive hands-on experience in the laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing facilities. He has made key contributions to processes for the manufacture of four major drug substances, including captopril, and has participated in 12 manufacturing start-ups and successfully introduced many processes to pilot plants. He received the Bristol-Myers Squibb President's Award and spot awards, and his final position was Principal Scientist.In 1997, Dr. Anderson established Process Solutions L.L.C., a consulting firm offering practical guidance on developing and implementing processes for bulk pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals. As part of these consulting services, he presents courses on selected aspects of practical process R&D.
- Author(s)Neal G. Anderson
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight898 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.