All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of radiation to medical problems plays an ever-increasing role in diagsis and treatment of disease. It is essential that medical physicists have the kwledge, understanding and practical skills to implement radiation protection as new techniques are developed. Practical Radiation Protection in Healthcare provides a practical guide for medical physicists and others involved with radiation protection in the healthcare environment. The guidance is based on principles set out in current recommendations of the International Commission for Radiological Protection and methods developed by a variety of professional bodies. Written by practitioners experienced in the field this practical reference manual covers both established techniques and new areas of application. This new edition has be fully revised and updated to cover new requirements linked to the increased kwledge of radiation effects, and the development of new techlogy. Each specialist area is covered in a separate chapter to allow easy reference with individual chapters being assigned to different types of n-ionising radiations. Tabulated data is included to allow the reader to carry out calculations for situations encountered frequently without reference to further texts.
- Author BiographyColin Martin has worked as a hospital-based Medical Physicist in Radiation Protection and Diagnostic Radiology in Scotland for 30 years. He is now an honorary senior lecturer with the University of Glasgow, UK. His research has involved radiation protection in medicine, optimisation of radiation protection in diagnostic radiology and non-ionising radiations. Dr Martin is a member of Committee 3 of ICRP (Protection in Medicine) and of IAEA committees, and has been involved in medical exposure projects as an expert for the IAEA. He is a member of Editorial Boards for the Journal of Radiological Protection and Radiation Protection Dosimetry. David Sutton has worked as a hospital-based Medical Physicist for over 30 years. His work and research has involved the physics of nuclear medicine, radiation protection in medicine, and the optimisation of radiation protection in diagnostic radiology. Dr Sutton is chair of the UK radiation protection accreditation body RPA2000, has been involved in several UK medical physics initiatives and has acted as an expert for the IAEA. He is an associate editor of the British Journal of Radiology.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1104 g
- Width179 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byColin J. Martin,David G. Sutton
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.