Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you see when you look at your face in the mirror? asks J. David Velleman in introducing his philosophical theory of action. He takes this simple act of self-scrutiny as a model for the reflective reasoning of rational agents: our efforts to understand our existence and conduct are aided by our efforts to make it intelligible. Reflective reasoning, Velleman argues, constitutes practical reasoning. By applying this conception, Practical Reflection develops philosophical accounts of intention, free will, and the foundation of morals. This new edition of Practical Reflection contains the original 1989 text along with a new introduction and is the latest entry in the David Hume Series of Philosophy and Cognitive Science Reissues , which keeps in print previously published indispensable works in the area of cognitive science.
- Author BiographyJ. David Velleman is professor of philosophy at New York University.
- Author(s)J. David Velleman
- PublisherCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- Series TitleDavid Hume Series of Philosophy and Cognitive Science Reissues
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Weight490 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.