All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionA proven way to manage risk in today's business world Understanding how the risk process works is a critical concept that business professionals must come to learn. For those who must understand the fundamentals of risk management quickly, without getting caught up in jargon, theory, mathematics, and formulas, Practical Risk Management is the perfect read. Written in a clear, fast-paced and easily digestible style, this book explains the practical challenges associated with risk management and how-by focusing on accountability, governance, risk appetite, liquidity, client risks, automated and manual processes, tools and diagstics-they can be overcome. After finishing this book, readers will have a solid understanding of the risk process, kw which issues/questions are of critical importance, and be able to determine how their specific risk problems can be minimized or avoided. Erik Banks (Redding, CT) is currently Chief Risk Officer for Element Re. Prior to that he spent several years at Merrill Lynch in market/credit risk management roles in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and the United States. He is also adjunct Professor of Finance at the University of Connecticut, where he teaches MBA students. Richard Dunn (London, UK) works for Merrill Lynch. He single-handedly restructured Merrill Lynch's risk function post in 1998 into its current form.
- Author BiographyERIK BANKS has held senior risk management positions at several global financial institutions, including XL Capital, where he was Partner and Chief Risk Officer of the Bermuda reinsurer's derivative subsidiary, and Merrill Lynch, where he spent 13 years managing credit and market risk teams in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and New York. Mr. Banks, an Adjunct Professor of Finance at the University of Connecticut, has written a dozen books on risk management, emerging markets, derivatives, merchant banking, and electronic finance. RICHARD DUNN became the youngest member of Merill Lynch's Executive Committee in 1998. Concurrent with this appointment, he was made Head of Market and Credit Risk and was instrumental in the Wall Street bail out of hedge fund LTCM. Prior to this, Mr. Dunn was Co-Head of Merrill's Equity Division, Head of European Debt, and Head of Asian Debt and Equity. His training was in debt and equity derivatives. Mr. Dunn holds a Masters in Economics from the London School of Economics, speaks Japanese, French and Italian, and is an avid snowboarder.
- Author(s)Dr. Richard Dunn,Erik Banks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width175 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.