All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe principles of signal processing are fundamental to the operation of many everyday devices. This book introduces the basic theory of digital signal processing, with emphasis on real-world applications. Sampling, quantization, the Fourier transform, filters, Bayesian methods and numerical considerations are covered, then developed to illustrate how they are used in audio, image, and video processing and compression, and in communications. The book concludes with methods for the efficient implementation of algorithms in hardware and software. Intuitive arguments rather than mathematical ones are used wherever possible, and links between various signal processing techniques are stressed. The advantages and disadvantages of different approaches are presented in the context of real-world examples, enabling the reader to choose the best solution to a given problem. With over 200 illustrations and over 130 exercises (including solutions), this book will appeal to practitioners working in signal processing, and undergraduate students of electrical and computer engineering.
- Author BiographyMark Owen received his PhD in Speech Recognition from Cambridge University in 1992, after which he has worked in industry on digital signal processing applications in video, audio and radar. He is currently a freelance consultant in this, and related, fields.
- Author(s)Mark Owen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note132 exercises
- Weight750 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.