All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionPierre-Andre Liege, one of the foremost French theologians of the 20th century, influenced John XXIII and Paul VI, and sat on Vatican II committees with both the future John Paul II and Benedict VI. Fifty years on from Vatican II is a good time to remember the decade of dramatic struggle and pioneering work that preceded it, and review what it accomplished. This book explores the life and work of Pierre-Andre Liege, presenting it to an English speaking readership for the first time. Discussing the impact and profound challenges Liege's work raises for spirituality and church life today, Bradbury tackles issues including: the organisation of parish life rooted in theological criteria; cradle to grave corporate Christian formation; a compelling vision of what the church is for and why, and how should this be expressed in practice. Bradbury argues that for faith to match real life, the church today needs to let go of much baggage, align its talk to its action, and radically re-examine the question of what the church needs to do to conform to the Gospel. This book takes critical issues confronting practical theology and the church, breaking them open in a lively and accessible style.
- Author BiographyNicholas Bradbury was ordained in 1973 to a curacy at the Elephant and Castle. From 1976-79 he was in community with the Jesuits in New York City. After serving as Vicar of Holy Trinity, Tottenham for 6 years he became Director of Pastoral Theology at Salisbury & Wells Theological College during which time, following the Faith in the City Report, he wrote City of God? Pastoral Care in the Inner City for the SPCK New Library of Pastoral Care (1989), considerably acclaimed by reviewers, one journal calling it 'a masterpiece'. For the Blackwell Reader in Pastoral and Practical Theology he wrote the chapter on 'Ecclesiology'. He has written for journals such as Theology, Contact: the interdisciplinary journal of pastoral studies, the Scottish Journal of Theology and the HSJ (Health Service Journal) as well as for the Guardian on Anandamayi Ma and the Hindu spiritual tradition and for other newspapers on a wide variety of subjects. He has made over 130 BBC broadcasts mostly on Radio 4 and Radio 2. He is widely known as a preacher, facilitator, retreat-giver and NHS executive team coach. From 2001-2013 he was a Senior Fellow of the King's Fund. He is currently an Associate Director of the NHS Leadership Academy and a freelance leadership development consultant. He is an Associate Priest of the benefice of St Giles and St Margaret in central Oxford.
- Author(s)Nicholas Bradbury
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Ecclesiology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byRev. Thomas Hughson,Professor Bruce Kaye,Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.