All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilberforce's classic work, A Practical View of Christianity , is concerned with convincing those who call themselves Christians to pursue the real nature and principles of the religion which they profess. Christianity is t a mere morality, to be held in private. Christianity is revelation from God, bringing new rights and correspondent duties. It is an entire way of life that requires diligence and study and that should affect every aspect of the Christian's public and private life. This addition to the Hendrickson Christian Classics series has been completely retypeset. An index, explanatory tes, scripture references, translations of Latin phrases, bibliographic information, and other helps ensure that this work will be as valuable to today's reader as it was to those readers who made A Practical View of Christianity a bestseller for fifty years.
- Author BiographyWilliam Wilberforce (1759-1833) was a member of the British Parliament. He was also affiliated with the Clapham Sect, a group of Evangelicals who were very active in public life. He was instrumental in many social justice issues, including the abolition of slavery in England.
- Author(s)William Wilberforce
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleHendrickson Christian Classics
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.