All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionPractical techniques for handling industrial waste and designing treatment facilities Practical Wastewater Treatment is designed as a teaching and training tool for chemical, civil, and environmental engineers. Based on an AIChE training course, developed and taught by the author, this manual equips readers with the skills and kwledge needed to design a wastewater treatment plant and handle various types of industrial wastes. With its emphasis on design issues and practical considerations, the manual enables readers to master treatment techniques for managing a wide range of industrial wastes, including oil, blood and protein, milk, plating, refinery, and phelic and chemical plant wastes. A key topic presented in the manual is biological modeling for designing wastewater treatment plants. The author demonstrates how these models lead to both more efficient and more ecomical plants. As a practical training tool, this manual contains a number of features to assist readers in tackling complex, real-world problems, including: Examples and worked problems throughout the manual demonstrate how various treatment plants and treatment techniques work Figures and diagrams help readers visualize and understand complex design issues References as well as links to online resources serve as a gateway to additional information Practical design hints, stemming from the author's extensive experience, help readers save time and avoid unwanted and expensive pitfalls Clear and logically organized presentation has been developed and refined based on an AIChE course taught by the author in the United States, Mexico, and Venezuela Whether a vice or experienced practitioner, any engineer who deals with the treatment of industrial waste will find a myriad of practical advice and useful techniques that they can immediately apply to solve problems in wastewater treatment.
- Author BiographyDAVID L. RUSSELL, PE, runs his own consulting engineering business, Global Environmental Operations, Inc. He has more than thirty years of experience in the environmental business, including nine years working in the chemical process industry dealing with pollution control. He has taught numerous short courses on wastewater treatment and pollution control and published several articles in the field as well.
- Author(s)David L. Russell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.