All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionNo writer can have added more volumes to the horological bookshelf than Donald de Carle, and his careful and detailed approach to the technical side of the craft has done a great deal to improve the standard of kwledge of a host of craftsmen, and has gained him readers in every part of the world. The many craftsmen who are already familiar with Mr de Carle's earlier work, Practical Watch Repairing , will te a great similarity in the attitude of mind behind both books, and, indeed, this latest volume is, to some extent, a companion and a follow-on from the previous book, for it carries the reader into what is, undoubtedly, the most exacting and skillful aspect of all work on watches. - Horological Review . This book's contents include: general condition of the movement; cleaning and oiling; balance pivots; fitting a flat balance spring; fitting a breguet balance spring; positional timing; further considerations when fitting a spring and observing the point of attachment; general tes on springing and timing; other methods of positional adjustment; and, timing machines.
- Author BiographyDonald de Carle was a Fellow and Medallist of the British Horological Institute and a Freeman of the City of London by virtue of being a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers. He contributed to the Encyclopaedia Britannica and was the author of many other horological works including Clock and Watch Repairing, Complicated Watches and their Repair, Practical Clock Repairing, Practical Watch Repairing, Watch and Clock Encyclopaedia, Clocks and their Value, Horology ('Teach Yourself Series'), The Watchmaker's and Modern Engineer's Lathe, Watches and their Value, etc. Donald de Carle died in 1989.
- Author(s)Donald de Carle
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNAG Press
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight425 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.