All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides helpful instruction and plenty of practice for your child to master the basics of vocabulary. Having a strong grasp of vocabulary is essential for your child to read and write with confidence. Practice Makes Perfect: Mastering Vocabulary gives your child bite-sized explanations of the subject, with engaging exercises that keep her or him motivated and excited to learn. They can practice the vocabulary they find challenging, polish skills they've mastered, and stretch themselves to explore skills they have t yet attempted. This book features 450 words that increase in difficulty as your child proceeds through it. This book is appropriate for a 6th grade student working above his or her grade level, or as a great review and practice for a struggling 7th or 8th grader. Your student will learn how to: apply vocabulary rules; understand meaning and usage; differentiate between synyms, antonyms, homophones, and more; and, conquer easily confused words.
- Author BiographyGary Robert Muschla (often with his wife Judy Muschla) has authored dozens of successful teacher resource guides for McGraw-Hill, Scholastic Professional and Jossey-Bass (Wiley). His BA and MAT are from Trenton State College, and he taught 4th, 5th and 6th grade for more than 25 years. He specialized in reading and language arts and also taught some math. He has conducted workshops for teachers on how to implement a writing workshop in their classroom. For more info, see www.garyrobertmuschla.com .
- Author(s)Gary Robert Muschla
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitlePractice Makes Perfect Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Weight437 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.