All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis first edition of New South Wales Legislative Assembly Practice, Procedure and Privilege provides a valuable insight into the workings of the seat of Government in New South Wales - the Legislative Assembly. The New South Wales Legislative Assembly was first established in 1856. In the early days of the Parliament the practice of the United Kingdom House of Commons was heavily relied on and reference was frequently made to May's Parliamentary Practice. The 150 years since the Legislative Assembly was first constituted has seen the evolution of practice and procedure unique to the character of the Legislative Assembly. This has meant there are few instances where the House does t have some precedent to follow. The practices and procedures of the House are illustrated with reference to the Standing Orders and important precedents and rulings of former Speakers, which have contributed to a greater understanding as to how the Standing Orders have been interpreted. The book also considers the laws pertaining to Parliament and the extent of Parliamentary privilege in New South Wales, a jurisdiction that has t legislated to define its privileges. The text is current to July 2007 and includes references to both modern and past practice. It is a valuable reference tool to anyone interested in the law and procedures of the Legislative Assembly.
- PublisherParliament of New South Wales
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleNSW Parliamentary Procedure Series
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintParliament of New South Wales
- Weight1286 g
- Edited byRussell Grove
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.