All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on existing practice-based TESOL experience, kwledge and research, Practice in TESOL covers a range of topics that will comprehensively inform and enhance preparation for classroom practice. The book adopts three underlying principles to offer an accessible and highly practical resource for beginning and vice teachers. Firstly, it is strongly evidence-based, and mediates the relevant international research so that it becomes useful for beginner teachers. Secondly, it remains true to strong pedagogic foundations, while considering how techlogy can be appropriately integrated to enhance language teaching and learning. Thirdly, it takes a broader perspective on practice to include detailed discussions about teaching practice and feedback, reflective practice, and professional development and research. Drawing on the author's own experiences and research as a teacher and educator, incorporating international case studies and examples, and including guided tasks and activities that can be carried out in-class, as well as independently outside the classroom, Practice in TESOL is an invaluable practical resource for TESOL student teachers and practising teachers. Edinburgh Textbooks in TESOLThis series of advanced textbooks in TESOL comprises individual volumes addressing an identifiable subfield within TESOL in more depth than would be found in an introductory textbook to the area as a whole. Each volume is designed for use alongside module-length topics on TESOL programmes and emphasises intercultural awareness and the practical applications of theory.
- Author BiographyFiona Farr has been Lecturer in English Language Teaching since 2002 and is currently also Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Limerick.
- Author(s)Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs in the Faculty of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences Fiona Farr
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2015
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.