All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe practices that make a software project successful are usually missing in those projects that fail. These are the practices, habits, ideas and approaches that make that critical difference between success and failure. By following these better practices you can show yourself, your teammates and your managers real results, and begin to effect a broader change for your whole project. This book covers practices in five areas: Development Process While Coding Developer Attitude Project and Team Management Iterative and Incremental Learning These practices provide guidelines that will help you succeed in delivering and meeting the user's expectations, even if the domain is unfamiliar. You'll be able to keep rmal project pressure from turning into disastrous stress while writing code, and see how to effectively coordinate mentors, team leads, and developers in harmony. The one wealth that grows as we give is kwledge. But this is also the one wealth that may be hardest to obtain. It takes effort, especially in a field as dynamic as software development. This book shows you why keeping up with change is important, and provides options to make it work for you.
- Author BiographyVenkat Subramaniam, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US and Europe. He has significant experience in architecture, design, and development of software applications. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with agile practices on their software projects, and speaks frequently at conferences. He is also a non-tenure track faculty at the University of Houston and teaches the professional software developer series at Rice University school of continuing studies. He holds a Ph.D. in computer science and is the recipient of the 2004 computer science department teaching excellence award at UH.
- Author(s)Venkat Subramaniam
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication04/04/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width194 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.