All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory theology text explains key concepts in Christian doctrine and shows that doctrine is integrally linked to the practical realities of Christian life. In order to grow into more faithful practitioners of Christianity, we need to engage in the practice of learning doctrine and understanding how it shapes faithful lives. Beth Felker Jones helps students articulate basic Christian doctrines, think theologically so they can act Christianly in a diverse world, and connect Christian thought to their everyday life of faith. This book, written from a solidly evangelical yet ecumenically aware perspective, models a way of doing theology that is generous and charitable. It attends to history and contemporary debates and features voices from the global church. Sidebars made up of illustrative quotations, key Scripture passages, classic hymn texts, and devotional poetry punctuate the chapters.
- Author BiographyBeth Felker Jones (PhD, Duke University) is associate professor of theology at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. She is the author of several books, including Touched by a Vampire and Marks of His Wounds: Gender Politics and Bodily Resurrection. She is also a regular columnist for The Christian Century.
- Author(s)Beth Felker Jones
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.