All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis acclaimed clinical guide, w substantially revised and updated, has helped thousands of clinicians put the proven principles of harm reduction into practice with therapy clients who have substance use problems. Written by pioneers in the field, the book shows how to do effective therapeutic work with people still using alcohol or other drugs. It provides clear guidelines for conducting comprehensive assessments, making collaborative treatment decisions, and implementing interventions that combine motivational, cognitive-behavioral, and psychodynamic strategies. The focus is reducing drug-related harm while also addressing co-occurring psychological and emotional difficulties. Detailed clinical illustrations are featured throughout. New to This Edition *Reflects over a decade of research advances and the tremendous growth of harm reduction clinical practice and training. *Section on applications, with chapters on community-based settings, harm reduction groups, and working with families and friends. *Chapters on biological and psychodynamic aspects of treatment. *Expanded discussions of trauma, cultural sensitivity, and ethics. *Supplemental resources and training information at the authors' website: www.harmreductiontherapy.org. See also the authors' related self-help guide, Over the Influence, Second Edition, an ideal client recommendation.
- Author BiographyPatt Denning, PhD, is Director of Clinical Services and Training at the Harm Reduction Therapy Center (HRTC) in San Francisco, which she founded with Jeannie Little in 2000. HRTC provides a full range of harm reduction treatment services and trains hundreds of professionals each year. Widely recognized as an expert on drug treatment and dual diagnosis, Dr. Denning is one of the principal developers of harm reduction psychotherapy. She is a Diplomate Fellow in psychopharmacology and a certified addiction specialist through the American Psychological Association's College of Professional Psychology. With Jeannie Little, she is coauthor of Over the Influence, Second Edition (for the general public), and Practicing Harm Reduction Psychotherapy, Second Edition (for mental health professionals). Jeannie Little, LCSW, is Executive Director of the Harm Reduction Therapy Center (HRTC) in San Francisco, which she founded with Patt Denning in 2000. HRTC provides a full range of harm reduction treatment services and trains hundreds of professionals each year. Ms. Little is a certified group psychotherapist who developed harm reduction group treatment of substance use disorders and dual diagnosis. With Patt Denning, she is coauthor of Over the Influence, Second Edition (for the general public), and Practicing Harm Reduction Psychotherapy, Second Edition (for mental health professionals).
- Author(s)Jeannie Little,Patt Denning
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $32.74
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $38.88
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.