All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134290186. Here's what today's educational leaders need to kw, what they should be able to do, and how they should behave in order to lead schools that address the needs of all students. Practicing the Art of Leadership by Reginald Leon Green presents success-proven practices, processes, and procedures grounded in time-tested theories, current research, and the creative, invative, real-life experiences of educators in the field who are transforming underperforming schools into thriving educational learning communities. An invaluable guide to what today's educators need to kw, how they need to do it, and the ways they should behave as exemplary leaders, the book takes into account the many changes in the standards, competencies, and accountability movements that have ushered in a new set of demands, requirements, and expectations for today's educational leaders. Complete coverage of the new topics, methods, and techniques effective educational leaders are using to address these changes appear throughout the text and are aligned with the 2015 Professional Standards for Educational Leaders, formerly kwn as ISLLC Standards. This new edition features opportunities for reflective practice through the use of scenarios depicting actual school issues, occurrences, and the behavior of practicing school leaders to help readers acquire kwledge and skills that can be used to build a solid framework for their own practice. The book's focus on how to use the new 2015 Professional Standards for Educational Leaders helps educators develop teacher capacity, create professional learning communities, effectively manage organizational resources, construct appropriate organizational policies and systems, lead instructional change, and engage in other deep and meaningful work outside of the classroom and in the community. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyReginald Leon Green is Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Memphis. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Memphis, he was on the faculty of educational administration at Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. Earlier, Dr. Green served at the teacher, principal, deputy superintendent, and superintendent levels of elementary and secondary education. In 1977, Dr. Green was one of five educators chosen nationally to participate in the Rockefeller Foundation's Superintendency Preparation Program; and in 1996, he was selected as an Associate to the Institute for Educational Renewal, under the leadership of Dr. John Goodlad. Most recently, Dr. Green co-authored with Sergiovanni the seventh edition of the book entitled The Principalship: A Reflective Practice Perspective. He has also published the first edition of The Four Dimensions of Principal Leadership: A Foundation for Leading 21st Century Schools. Additionally, he has authored a book on inner-city education, as well as various articles concerning such topics as educational restructuring, primary grade restructuring, gang violence, and other contemporary educational issues. He has completed national inquiries into nurturing characteristics that exist in schools, and standards and assessment measures being established as part of school renewal. This work led to the development of the Center for Urban School Leadership, where Dr. Green administered programs for five years to prepare principals for leadership in urban schools using a non-traditional approach. Currently, Dr. Green teaches courses in educational leadership with a focus on instructional leadership, school renewal, and models for turning around low performing schools.
- Author(s)Reginald Leon Green
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1000 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.