All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutomy provides a framework that allows for regions within countries to exercise self-government beyond the extent available to other sub-state units. This book presents detailed case studies of thirteen such automies from around the world, in which ted experts on each outline the constitutional, legal and institutional frameworks as well as how these arrangements have worked in practice to protect mirity rights and prevent secession of the territories in question. The volume's editors draw on the case studies to provide a comparative analysis of how automy works and the political and institutional conditions under which it is likely to become a workable arrangement for management of the differences that brought it into being.
- Author BiographyYash Ghai is Professor Emeritus at the University of Hong Kong and Director of the Katiba Institute, Nairobi. He is a world renowned expert and for the past 30 years has been deeply involved in the study of autonomy systems. Sophia Woodman is faculty member of the School of Social and Political Science, University of Edinburgh. She is a sociologist who studies Chinese politics, including the politics of autonomy and minorities in contemporary China.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw in Context
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 tables
- Weight1090 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited bySophia Woodman,Yash P. Ghai
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.