All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionResearch is as critical to social work practice as individual and group counseling skills, policy analysis, or community development. Using an approach similar to those adopted in direct practice courses, this book integrates research with social work practice and in so doing, promotes an understanding and appreciation of the research process to social work students. Sixteen case studies adapted from actual events and case files illustrate different research approaches, including quantitative, qualitative, single subject, and mixed methods. Through these real-life examples, the authors demonstrate the processes of conceptualization, operationalization, sampling, data collection and processing, and implementation. Designed to help the student and practitioner become more comfortable with the research process, Practising Social Work Research uses a student-centered approach that capitalizes on the strengths that social work students bring to assessment and problem solving.
- Author BiographyRick Csiernik is a professor in the King's University College School of Social Work at the University of Western Ontario. Rachel Birnbaum is an associate professor in the King's University College School of Social Work at the University of Western Ontario. Barbara Decker Pierce is an associate professor and Director in the King's University College School of Social Work at the University of Western Ontario.
- Author(s)Barbara Decker Pierce,Dr. Rick Csiernik,Rachel Birnbaum
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date26/05/2017
- Content Note14, 14 figures; 20 tables
- Weight440 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.