All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- Description'This is a practical guide to carrying out research in counselling and the helping professions generally. It covers all major aspects of research and guides the reader through the essential processes involved, from setting up and conducting a study, to analyzing data and evaluating findings' - New Therapist This practical, informative and encouraging guide to doing research in counselling and the helping professions generally has been written with practitioners firmly in mind. The book is a comprehensive yet accessible introduction which covers all major aspects of research and guides the reader through the essential processes involved, from setting up and conducting a study, to analyzing data and evaluating findings. In addition, the author provides guidelines for accessing research information and resources. With an emphasis on the acquisition of research skills and their practical application to counselling issues, Practitioner Research in Counselling shows how research can be used in a meaningful way by all practitioners.
- Author BiographyJohn McLeod has held appointments in universities in the UK, New Zealand and Italy, and is currently Professor of Counselling at the Institute for Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Dublin, and Professor of Psychology, University of Oslo. He is committed to promoting the relevance of research as a means of informing therapy practice and improving the quality of services that are available to clients, and has received an award from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy for his exceptional contribution to research. His writing has influenced a generation of trainees in the field of counselling, counselling psychology and psychotherapy, and his books are widely adopted on training programmes across the world.
- Author(s)John McLeod
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleProfessional Skills for Counsellors Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.