All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we ensure effective action on urban poverty? How do we bridge the gap between practitioners and those deciding policy? There is a serious communication gap between those at the top who formulate policy and those below who implement it. This book looks at how development institutions are trying to improve the capacity of micro-level practitioners to influence policy level decision-making and budgeting on urban development. It includes eight country-based case studies from which the editors draw guidelines then give pointers on how to capitalize on past successful linkages and how to deal successfully with restraints and gaps. Essential readling for practitioners and policy makers in all poverty alleviation work, for dor agencies, NGOs, service providers, community groups, academics and students of development. This book makes a particular contribution to achieving evidence-based pro-poor policy in the urban sector. It is based on eight country-based studies. It is ideal for policy makers, practitioners, dor agencies, NGOs, service providers, community groups, academics and students of development.
- Author BiographySue Jones is a development consultant.|Nici Nelson is senior lecturer in the department of anthropology, Goldsmiths College, University of London. Nici Nelson, PhD, is Lecturer in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths College, University of London. She combines interest in action anthropology with her academic interest in gender, urbanization and development in Africa, with a specific focus on East Africa and the Horn. She carries out short term consultancies with various non-government organizations, such as ERA and ACORD.
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication20/05/1999
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight401 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byNici Nelson,Sue Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.