All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description'I have doubt at all, that if philosophy is to prosper in the coming decades, it will have to treat with great seriousness that splendid seriousness that splendid body of philosophical writing of which the essays in this volume constitute one major part'. from the Foreword by Alasdair MacIntyre When historians of philosophy turn to the work of distinguished philosopher Frederick L. Will, Pragmatism and Realism will be an important part of the discussion. In this collection of nine essays, Will demonstrates that a social account of human kwledge is consistent with, and ultimately requires, realism. A timely contribution to the current debate, the book culminates in a naturalistic account of the generation, assessment, and revision of cognitive, moral and social rms. It is written clearly eugh for undergraduates, and includes a critical introduction by the editor discussing the bearing of Will's views on current debates among analytic epistemologists, philosophers of science, and moral theorists.
- Author BiographyFrederick L. Will is professor emeritus of philosophy at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, and the author of Beyond Deduction and Induction and Justification. Kenneth R. Westphal is associate professor at the University of Philosophy at the University of New Hampshire and the author of Hegel's Epistemological Realism.
- Author(s)Alasdair MacIntyre,Frederick L. Will,Kenneth R. Westphal
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/12/1996
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleStudies in Epistemology and Cognitive Theory S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 35
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteindex,
- Weight367 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.