All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrayer: Christian and Muslim Perspectives is a rich collection of essays, scriptural texts, and personal reflections featuring leading scholars analyzing the meaning and function of prayer within their traditions. Drawn from the 2011 Building Bridges seminar in Doha, Qatar, the essays in this volume explore the devotional practices of each tradition and how these practices are taught and learned. Relevant texts are included, with commentary, as are personal reflections on prayer by each of the seminar participants. The volume also contains a Christian reflection on Islamic prayer and a Muslim reflection on Christian prayer. An extensive account of the informal conversations at the seminar conveys a vivid sense of the lively, penetrating, but respectful dialogue that took place.
- Author BiographyDavid Marshall is director of the Anglican Episcopal House of Studies and associate professor of the practice of Christian-Muslim relations, Duke Divinity School and the academic director of the Building Bridges seminar. Lucinda Mosher is the faculty associate for Interfaith Studies, Hartford Seminary and the assistant academic director of the Building Bridges seminar.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Marshall,Lucinda Mosher
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.